Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mowing the Lawn

Today was my first time mowing a lawn with a push mower. Now you must be wondering... how old am I and could I possibly be the most spoiled girl to have not learned how to mow a lawn. Well I grew up with such a large back yard that all we had was a riding lawn mower. So today as I stood outside, right beside a very busy road, I attempted to start the mower and could not. I pulled on things and looked in the gas tank, and continued to tug, tug, tug, tug, tug...and nothing! Lot of cars drove by, lots of honks, lots of funny stares, and there I stood looking completely clueless and stumped. So I called a few people for advice... Mom answered...and she was as clueless as I was( like mother like daughter). But as for my attempt to get a hold of someone who actually knew how to operate one of these machines...didn't happen, no one answered. From that point I decided to go inside and take my mind off of the damn thing. I began emailing a couple professors and than got a brilliant idea...I WOULD GOOGLE IT! I typed in "how to start a lawn mower" and BAM I got tips of the trade. who would have thought that there was actually going to be specific tips on the internet for that, but technology has advanced so much to provide silly information like that for people like me...hee hee. Come to find out there is a little button on the lawn mower that says "prime" and you push it a few times and it primes the gas. Well I pranced outside excited to try the prime button out on my lawn mower. 30 minutes later we had freshly cut grass and I felt successful! :) Lesson learned... if all else fails-google it!

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

Her her...I sure hope you mean "google" and not "goggle". I'm six and have to give you a hard time, but I'm proud you figures it out-- I'm not sure I would have. :). Love you

Kirsten said...

Ha! I tried making fun of your typo and some of my own while doing so. :). Serves me right. This darn iPhone-- the buttons are so small

Meg said...

I FIXED IT!! hee hee I struggle sometimes... yes I am in nursing school. don't worry